Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy!



Friday, November 11, 2011

Having some Fun with the Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge!!

Happy Friday everyone!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! A few weeks ago I picked up a small wreath at the dollar store and wanted to make it a Christmas wreath for a friend. I pulled out my Christmas cartridges and looked for a poinsettia I could do layers with and found one I liked on the Joys of the Seasons cartridge. I played around cutting out different sizes until I found the ones I liked best. For the leaves I actually used the new Art Philosophy cartridge. Hope you enjoy!!
When I die cut the banner I did it twice once on paper and once on poster board so it would be more sturdy.

Recipe
Cricut Expression
Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Cuts I used for the flowers
Large 2 at 2.5 inches and 2 at 1.5 inches
Medium 2 at 2 inches and 2 at 1 inch
Small 2 at 1.5 inches and 2 at 1 inch
Leaves cut at 1.5 inches, 1 inch and  3/4 inch
Tim Holtz distress ink antique linen used to make veins on the cream flowers on the red I used a red marker from Stampin' Up on the leaves I used my stylus to give them some texture.
The Banner is from My Creative Time  Build a Banner Kit (Love it)
Cotton Thread (JoAnns)
Other items used:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Middle of flowers Recollections Microbeads (Michael's) and
Stampin' Up Champagne Glitter Glass
Spray glitter over entire wreath
Noel stamped with CTMH A Typeface stamp set
Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler Ink pad
All the paper I used was from my scraps


No comments:

Post a Comment